Congratulations to all of our talented New Jersey college and university students! As you begin this academic year, I encourage you to take full advantage of what your institution has to offer. The choices you make -- from course selection to major, from on-campus activities to community service -- will shape the choices you have in the future.
Perhaps, the single most valuable advice I can provide is for you to know what your campus offers and to take full advantage of its resources. Remember your academic advisors, faculty, career services, counseling services, student activities and financial aid administrators are there to facilitate your success. You, however, are in charge of your college career. Be willing to ask for help, to welcome the assistance and talent of others, and to learn from errors and mistakes. After all, for all of us who love learning, it is the experimentation, the exploration, the possibility, the creative risk, the imagination in full flight that intrigues and engages us.
- NJCU Partnering on Performing Arts at Jersey City's Landmark Loew's Theatre
- Drew University Welcomes New President Maryann Baenninger: 13th and First Full-Term Female Leader
- With an Estimated 20 to 25 Percent of College Women Nationally Experiencing Sexual Assault on Campus, Rutgers Will Begin a Study in October to Assess Response to Violence
- More than 100,000 trained by New Jersey Community College Consortium for Workforce and Economic Development
- 162 Future Physicians Enter Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Click here to read more.